Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Just a little update!

Well we have been out of school for 2 weeks now and I'm definitely enjoying the laziness of the summer. Lord knows I'm going to need all the rest I can get before heading back to school at 34 weeks pregnant (eeeekkkkk)!! Hopefully I can make it the 5 weeks at work before Layla decides to make her grand appearance, fingers crossed!!

Not much has been going on since our last post. We had another ultrasound at the Navel Hospital and the tech was able to confirm we were having a girl. At 21 weeks she was still breech, apparently they tend to start turning around that time. Doc said not to worry about it that she had plenty of time to completely turn before it becomes a concern. If not, then a lot of uncomfortable pressure while they try to turn her themselves =( We are actually heading back to the Japanese clinic this weekend to get a video ultrasound done. Layla will be starring in her first short film, lol!! She is definitely quite the mover lately. Her nudges and kicks have become a lot more forceful within the last week. It's actually quite exciting to see my stomach move around in spasms.

As for me, well I'm doing pretty good. The normal aches and pains haven't really gotten the best of me yet. The summer heat and humidity out here definitely is a killer. Running simple errands, post office, store, leaves me completely soaked in sweat. Sexy huh? (lol)I have developed what we think is a heat rash on my feet and hands that has become a huge pain in the rear. It flairs up frequently and itches like you would not believe. It gets pretty bad towards the evening, mostly at night. I tend to wake myself up scratching my feet raw =/ I tried seeing the nurse about it, but of course it was nothing major the day I went. They gave me some cream to try, but if it doesn't improve soon, I'm going to have to go back.

Erik is doing pretty good. He's been taking collage courses and just finished his advance course for Gunnys about 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately he is leaving for the Philippines July 11th for about 15 days, which sucks, but hey it could be worse. Apparently there is no running water, so he has to take bucket showers. And...they can't go off base because it's pretty bad out there, so that's a little unsettling. But it's only 2 weeks so he'll be home before I know it.

Well that's about it for now, I will keep you all updated. Missing everyone soooo very much, and very anxious to try to make a trip home, hopefully next summer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment